West Entrepreneur Forum / Business Ideas / Agriculture / How Lucrative Is Fish Farming Business In Nigeria (406 Views)
How To Start A Lucrative Plantain Farm Business In Nigeria / How To Start Lucrative Import/export Business / How To Start A Profitable Supermarket Business (2)
Fish farming is one of the agriculture business that is growing at a much faster and widespread than any other kind of agriculture business. Nowadays fish farming is more preferred to poultry judging by the amount of fish farming business springing up.
There are much awareness about fish farming than ever before as many studies have been posted about the best way to take proper care of the fish farm, from the kind of feeds, to proper water management and so on, all of which makes productivity profitable.
Most state government have seen the profitability of fish farming as a source of revenue and employment, that some have developed lands for fish farming that they rent out at subsidize amount.
Now they are some reasons why you should go into fish farming:
1. Fish is one of the most consume product in the country, thus it sell faster that you might not put much efforts into selling your products, all you have to do is make them available.
2. Fish is very nutritious as one of the major source of protein. Fish is also rich in calcium, iron, potassium and other mineral elements. It is a very rich source of protein for children.
3. Fish grows very fast due to recent improved technology, putting them into practice can give an healthy sized fish in matter of months. So in few months, one can make profits from investments.
4. There is a fatty acids called Omega-3 fatty acid which is beneficial to the human brain. Iy keeps the brain and heart healthy. This acid cannot be produced by the human body but it is found in fish, thus fish is a main source of omega 3 fatty acid to the body.
5. Fish farming is very lucrative, as in just a matter of months with proper maintenance of the fish farm and proper care, feeding of the fish, one can recover both capital and make profits in a matter of four to five months.
Now we have looked at benefits of fish farming, as beneficial as fish farming is, it also has its risk and short coming like any other business.
Fish farming is very expensive to set up and its profits is periodical, so fish farming might not be as a only source of income.
Fish farming is a very technical business, any slight miscalculation in terms of proper feeding, sunlight, water management etc, can bring about degenerated growth of result to death of the fishes and thus lost in investment.
It is proper to carry out diligent study of fish farming before venturing into the business as it is very profitable but with lack of technical knowledge one can loss his or her investment.
Also it is advisable to hire a consultant knowledgeable in this field when venturing into the business for the first time.
Viewing this topic: 0 users and 1 guest(s)