West Entrepreneur Forum / Business Ideas / Agriculture / Top 10 Profitable Agriculture Business Ideas (659 Views)
How To Start A Lucrative Plantain Farm Business In Nigeria / How To Start Lucrative Import/export Business / How To Start A Profitable Supermarket Business (2)
Agriculture is a very widespread field that involves a lot, from crop cultivation, animal husbandry to processing and selling of the agricultural product. It has always been part of life even before man learned how to cultivate crops and rear animals; nature has played the agricultural part for man.
Most times when we talk about agricultural business, most people just looked at it at just the farming and rearing process, but they are so many aspects of agriculture that from earlier days of men, it has been one of the main sources of employment and from of livelihood as well as sustenance for man.
There are many businesses that can be ventured into in agricultural Sector, some of these are;
1.Crop Cultivation: this involves the normal we are all familiar with, the process of clearing of land, planting and weeding and harvesting. This involves lots of work and many people are not too interested in crop cultivation as it is labor intensive and time-consuming. It is very common in the rural area and few goes into it in large scale production with mechanized farming. The government in America and Europe encourages large-scale, mechanized crop production by providing certain incentive.
2. Animal Husbandry: this is a form of agriculture business that involves rearing of animals. It includes fish farming, cattle rearing, piggery, poultry and much more. It is very common nowadays, especially in the cities.
3. Feeds Business: as some people gets involved in animal husbandry and with the rate, it is becoming common, a good business to venture to is selling of animal feeds. Companies are coming up in Nigeria manufacturing animal feeds and being a supplier a dealer is another avenue in agricultural field to explore.
4. Equipment Leasing: in the process of farming or rearing animals some equipment are needed both in large and small scale production. Tractors, pumping machines, wheelbarrow and other small farming equipment might be needed at one stage or the other as some farmers find it easier to hire some equipment as they are needed only on a seasonal basis. So investing in agricultural equipment is another form of business especially in areas that areas where agriculture is the main occupation.
5. Financier:]/b] now this is one aspect that many people will be interested in as they may not like to go into agriculture directly because of the nature of the job or they have little or no knowledge of running the business. They may decide to finance the project with an agreement of percentage of the profit.
[b]6. Land Renting: this is very common especially in the rural area where people decide to rent their land, especially for large scale production. Some may draw out an agreement to rent the land for a number of years depending on the type of cultivation or animal to be reared.
7. Consultant: some people based on their expertise especially graduate in the agricultural field can decide to lend their services and consult based on their knowledge and get paid for it.
8. Production of Packaged Products: This is another kind of lucrative business as one can buy the product cheaply in large quantities and process and packaged them properly after being processed. Recently lots of flour packaged products are flooding the market from yam flour, cassava flour, plantain chips, tomato paste and much more.
9. Production of Juice and Jam: Nigeria produce lots of seasonal fruits that goes to waste due to lack of proper storage. A good business venture will be the production of fruit juice and jam. These fruits in their season of harvesting can be preserved and processed into juice that can be packaged and sold.
10. Agrochemical Business: this involve manufacturing of chemicals that can be used as fertilizers, while opening and operating a fertilizer production company can be expensive, one can go into the supply part of the business.
Viewing this topic: 0 users and 1 guest(s)