West Entrepreneur Forum / Business Ideas / Foods / How To Start Pounded Yam Flour Production Business (668 Views)
How To Start A Lucrative Plantain Farm Business In Nigeria / How To Start A Successful Music Blog In 10 Minutes / How To Successfully Start A Record Label Company
Why you might still be complaining of no money, many are smiling to the bank doing one business or the other. believe it or not there thousands of lucrative business one can start today and make huge profits. West entrepreneur is know for bringing to your knowledge some of this businesses and of such we will today through this article discuss how you can start Pounded Yam Flour Production Business and make high profits.
Yams are tubers which have white, yellow, or purplish flesh that have very minimal sweetness.its one of the widely consumed agricultural product in all states and country alike. There are different process of preparing yam of which Pounded yam is one of the most enjoyed by many.
However, the traditional method of preparing this pounded yam has made it a stress for many. but with the pounded yam flour many cant help but to enjoy themselves. outside the context of personal choice and demand for pounded yam, there are several health benefit of yam that has been revealed and has in turned increase the demand for yam. of this health benefits are:
1. Heals Skin Diseases & Cures Respiratory Problems Yam has been used as a traditional medicine in China, Korea and Japan for centuries as it contains allantoin, a cell proliferate that expedites the healing process when applied topically on ulcers, boils and other skin diseases. Its decoction is also known to stimulate and relieve bronchial irritation, cough and other respiratory problems.
2. Good Source of Vitamin B6 Yam is a good source of vitamin B6 which is needed by the body to break sown a substance called homocysteine, which can damage blood vessels walls. High levels of homocysteine can also lead to heart attack despite having low levels of cholesterol.
3. Supports Female Endocrine System Yam is particularly useful for menopausal women. It contains an enzyme that provides a natural alternative to hormonal replacement in women who have reached menopause.
4. Source of Energy & Antioxidant Yams contain complex carbohydrate and fiber which gradually slow the rate at which sugars are released and absorbed in the mainstream. Being high in fiber, yam keeps you full without putting on those extra kilos. Yams are also a good source of manganese, a mineral that aids carbohydrates metabolism and is very important for energy production and antioxidant defenses.
5. Helps in RBC Production & Improves Blood Flow The minerals present in yam also play major roles in the body. Copper is very useful for the production of red blood cells and improves blood flow in the body. Iron further improves the blood circulation in the body. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, super-oxide diastase.
Skin Benefits of Yam
6. Delays Ageing Signs Yam has amazing anti-ageing benefits. It contains amazing skin-friendly nutrients like beta carotene Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and antioxidants which can help to prevent wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
7. Face Packs Boil some yam and leave aside to let it cool. Mash it properly and add a dollop of honey. Apply it all over the face and let it stay for 30 minutes. You can also soak your feet in the boiled water to calm and relax your feet. Cut slices of your yam and place them on your eyes. Tubers have natural bleaching properties which help to reduce stubborn dark circles and rejuvenate the eyes and treat wrinkles as well.
Hair Benefits of Yam
8 Promotes Hair Growth Yam is considered as an excellent source of natural health promoting compounds like antocyanins and beta carotene. It also contains Vitamin A which is highly beneficial for cell growth, including growth of hair. A deficiency in beta carotene can lead to dry, dull and lifeless hair which flakes off into dandruff.
9. Prevents Premature Hair Greying Yam will also prevent premature greying as it contains a good amount of Vitamin B6 which creates melanin and gives the hair its colors.
We can go on and on telling you the benefits but that outside the scope of this article. considering this above health benefits which has invariably increased demand for yam products over the years thus making money for all entrepreneurs who have invested into yam production business.
well, its not yet late, actually now is the best time to invest into this business, recent research on this topic has revealed to be a fertile ground for any to invest into.
Gone are the days wives/mothers will work literally hours just to prepare pounded yam, actually, nobody does it again only few in the rural areas, they people now prefer buying pounded yam flour which ensures quality and delicate pounded yam meal but saves them the original stress of preparing it. if you are interested in starting this business follow and reply to this thread as more information with detailed business plan will follow soon.
Viewing this topic: 0 users and 1 guest(s)