Today, Instagram is the most popular social network. It received special development in 2015, and over the course of several years it turned into a powerful platform not only for communication, but also for earning.
In Nigeria, more than 25 million users use this social network. The main audience is people from 18 to 29 years old. According to statistics, about 60% of users check their feed at least once a day. Therefore, the idea of making money on Instagram, is so popular.
You can earn money using your Instagram account. The most common way to earn money on Instagram is to place advertising posts on your profile. However, this is far from the only way to profit from the popularity of a social network.
The advertising effectiveness of Instagram is increasing every year. A business that anyone can start.
Answering the question of how to make money on Instagram, I want to emphasize that, unfortunately, many novice entrepreneurs cling only to the idea, but quickly lose their motivation and never start making money. This happens for various reasons: they want a quick return and are not ready to wait, there is not enough experience, expectations are exceeded, and mistakes are made at the start.
To warn against this, we suggest reading general tips for those who want to build their own business on Instagram.
Learn the basics of Social Media Marketing (online promotion)
In order to independently promote your business on Instagram, you have to understand the basics of SMM. To do this, there is a special course online which you can take.
Creating quality content
Creating useful, interesting posts, good visual design, and attractive concept. Creating an Instagram product that many users will enjoy is not so simple. However, if you feel the strength in yourself to do this, then everything can work out.
Be prepared for the fact that you can’t earn on Instagram immediately.
In most cases, investing in Instagram pays off over time. You are unlikely to get short-term profit here. Although such business ideas are in our selection. It’s also worth considering that Instagram requires your continued participation. This social network is constantly evolving, the competition is already quite large and continues to grow. Instagram’s business is not the easiest, but it can generate substantial income if properly organized.
Instagram today is an actively developing platform. To make money in this area, you must constantly keep abreast of the pulse.
How to make money on Instagram in 2020?
Idea for Instagram 1. Photoshoots for Instagram
Content quality requirements are growing. This forces bloggers to turn to specialists: photographers, copywriters, stylists, etc. Photoshoot for Instagram allows the customer to solve a large number of issues. The service involves the creation of a concept and visual style, the selection of images for shooting, professional photographs and processing, photo support for your account and more. Not only business accounts apply for the service, but also bloggers who maintain personal accounts.
Idea for Instagram 2. Instagram video
One of the most relevant main trends in recent years is Instagram video. The audience in story and IGTV is growing. Many Instagram users admit that they stopped reading the feed, and only watch stories.
Therefore, here’s an idea for you to make money: create Instagram videos for bloggers. The services of an editor, operator, screenwriter are in demand. This includes not only the generation of content in the account. For example, many bloggers sell their information products: webinars, courses, video tutorials, etc. In serious projects, specialists are attracted to who will help to organize and conduct high-quality filming, register a script, edit a video. So the opportunities for making money on Instagram videos are quite extensive.
Idea for Instagram 3. Selling your products or services on Instagram
Instagram is a very effective marketplace. Here is a very interested, active audience. Promoting your product or service is a good way to make money. Decent money can earn on Instagram even accounts with a small number of subscribers.
What to sell on Instagram
- Goods: food, clothes and shoes, flowers, handmade products, accessories, decor items and utensils, cosmetics, etc .;
- Services: designers, copywriters, webmasters, photographers, artists, psychologists, business trainers, lawyers, programmers, beauty salons, sports centers, entertainment projects.
Today, almost any product or service can be sold using Instagram. We published some ideas for products that can be sold on Instagram and examples of accounts in this collection . The most important thing is to properly submit your goods. If you have a hobby, you can sell your work. If you have an entrepreneurial skill, open an online store. If you are a specialist of a narrow profile, for example, a lawyer or makeup artist, create an account where you will share your experience, give useful tips, and answer questions of interest to subscribers. People are drawn to free information if it is useful. This way you attract new subscribers, inspire confidence in yourself – and in case of real need, your subscriber can turn to you for real help.
How else can you make money on Instagram by promoting your products and services ?
- Provide them to bloggers on a barter basis: you are a product / service, they are an advertisement for your products.
- Arrange draws, contests, promotions, discounts on Instagram.
- Use the correct hashtags, popular geolocations.
- Properly fill out the profile heading with the mention of keywords that will simply find you.
- Use targeting – a built-in function in the Instagram business accounts or contact professionals. This is not an exhaustive list of promotion methods. More details on this topic can be found on the Internet – there are many useful materials in the public domain.
Lifehacks for sales on Instagram
- Share the process of creating your product with your subscribers. But do not overload with details – posts should be entertaining.
- Always respond to comments.
- Write the price of your product / service.
- Encourage your followers. Post their photos with reviews.
Idea for Instagram 4. Advertising posts
This is perhaps the easiest and most common way to make money on Instagram. The only important condition is that you must have enough subscribers to earn money on advertising posts. Usually, a pass ticket to this “source” starts with 10 thousand subscribers, however, and with a smaller audience you can earn on advertising – only income will be more modest. The main thing is that your entire audience is real, and not artificially inflated by cheating.
- You create an advertising post on Instagram (it can be a photo or video);
- You insert a branded hashtag, mention or link to promote the brand;
- You share it with your audience;
- You get the money.
The earnings scheme is quite simple, but there are a number of important questions that need to be answered.
Idea for Instagram 5. Account promotion (marketing consultant)
Account promotion is another super-popular Instagram business that brings good money. Now many companies leading their profiles on this social network need promotion specialists. What is the job?
- registration of a company profile;
- creating content and a content plan that will gather an audience and attract customers;
- SEO optimization;
- partnership with other bloggers;
- advertising account promotion in various ways;
- targeting advertising
- Increased activity (likes, comments, answers).
There is nothing complicated in this work. If desired, all the skills can be mastered in a month or two. Special courses will help speed up the learning process.
Idea for Instagram 6. Affiliate Programs
One of the easiest and most profitable ways to make money on Instagram is to sell other people’s goods or services through affiliate programs. How it works?
The algorithm of work on the site:
- Registration of Instagram account;
- choosing an affiliate product or service;
- in some cases, you will have to get approval on your Instagram account as an advertising platform;
- getting affiliate links;
- placing an advertising post with an affiliate link in your account;
- If the user clicks on your affiliate link and purchases a product or service, you will receive a reward.
Finally, a few tips for doing business on Instagram affiliate programs:
- Promote only one product. You ask people to follow the link in the biography, where you can specify only one link.
- Do not use the product image. The result is important for people. Show them the product you are promoting in action and how it can positively impact their lives.
- Shorten your link. Long affiliate links look unattractive. For convenience, use the bit.ly website, which will bring the links back to normal.
- Do not use hashtags, since the number of clicks on them is insignificant, and the visual component of the content deteriorates.
- For affiliate sales, choose products that already sell well and receive rave reviews from customers.
- Do not use text in the image, as this reduces coverage.
- Use 15 second videos
Instagram Idea 7. Sell Your Experience
If you have any knowledge and skills and want to share them, you can create a digital product. There is only one problem: to promote your product, you need to create an audience from scratch that will trust you and is ready to buy your services.
Instagram mistakes you can avoid
There are 3 main reasons why you will not be able to start selling courses:
- you have no business ideas ;
- you are not sure that you are good enough;
- you launch the product on Instagram, but then you discover that no one wants to buy it.
How to deal with it? Carefully study the market and consumer needs. Attend a similar course to take a look at the entire “kitchen” from the inside. Ask yourself, “What unique information do I have?” – The answer to this question will become the basis for the idea. Before starting sales of courses, it is recommended to test them beforehand – sell the stripped-down version to someone for the lowest price, get feedback and draw conclusions.
Instagram today is not just a social network for communication, but a real trading platform where you can expand your business and make good money. In fact, there are a lot more than seven ideas for making money on Instagram. You can provide photo processing services, be the organizer of Giveaway, deal with profiles, issue authorial presets for photo processing, provide designer services to create an account, write texts to order, etc. Therefore, the main thing is to find that business idea with which it will be simple and interesting to work with. In this case, the business on Instagram will bring pleasure.